Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Poppy's Big Old Truck


More fun from our Thanksgiving trip and another scrapbook page, this time using traditional methods. My father recently purchased a semi truck cab for towing his 5th wheel trailer. As soon as our kids heard about the truck, Liam wanted a ride. So, during our visit to Forks, the kids all took a ride. Liam's smile was almost as big as the truck and it inspired me to create a page. In the photos, you'll see Liam with his sister,Tessa, and cousin, Kevin. Liam and Kevin share a birthday, 17 years apart. Liam's favorite part- honking the horn.


For this page I used Real Red, More Mustard and Whisper White card stock. To create the truck in the top right quadrant, I used Pick A Petal. I stamped a solid petal using Brilliant Blue and then an open petal using the same color. I then stamped the petal centers using Basic Black. I cut everything out and then glued it together. The chipboard letters are ones I had leftover from the Stampin' Up!™ Regionals in Seattle, I think they are On Board Timeless Type, but I must confess that I'm not entirely sure. I left them naked, choosing not to add any color to the letters. The overall layout is simple, nothing too elaborate or hard to recreate. Liam loves his special page. I think it will soon be framed for his room.
God Bless and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment