Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Isabel

Isabel's Birthday is today! In a few days, she'll celebrate with her friends with a fun luau party. Now is the time to share the invitation.

Before I give the recipe for this card, I have to give credit to the many ladies who inspired me. I CASEd this card head to toe!

Pure Genius over at SplitCoast was a big inspiration.
Julie Masse
Lorri Heiling
Jennifer Einholf
Kim Gasper



Thank you for your inspiration and blogs detailing your cards. I loved that I was able to create Isabel's invitation without even ordering a new stamp set and I love using a stamp set in a non-traditional way.

On to the recipe for Isabel's invitation. The main stamp set is Pick A Petal. I used two of the petal designs to stamp surf boards in Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay (stamped onto Whisper White and then cut out). The sun was stamped in YoYo Yellow using one of the flower centers. I typically do invitations in the traditional invitation size of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches, which is what I used here. I cut Melon Mambo into this size to create the invitations. I let Isabel stamp the small Hawaiian flower onto both sides of invitation. For the front, I layered a smaller piece of Bashful Blue card stock onto the card. To create the water, I sent pieces of Tempting Turquoise card stock through the Big Shot to emboss using the Stampin' Up!™ Backgrounds 1 (the panel with the swirls). I then sponged some Shimmer White Paint onto the raised areas to give the impression of foaming waves. I cut the wave shape by freehand using my paper snips. For the sandy beach, I tore the paper edges and then layered two pieces, gluing the surfboards and palm tree trunk down before adding the final layer of sand. The sand is made using Kraft card stock. For the palm tree, I cut the trunk from Soft Suede using paper snips. The palm branches are more petals stamped onto Glorious Green with little sections cut out and the stamped side glued against the invitation. I finished things off by stamping a large Hawaiian flower using Eastern Blooms stamp set and Rich Razzleberry.

For the back, I printed the details of the invitation onto Whisper White card stock and then glued it to the back of the card.

I'll post more details about her party, party favors and other fun later.

God Bless and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment