Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Friday, August 21, 2009

My CASE of Page 114 of the Idea Book & Catalog

I was very pleased to see that Season of Friendship made the big jump from a mini catalog to the Idea Book and Catalog. I really like this set and I like the card design that was presented on page 114 with the stamp set so I decided to CASE the card.





For this card, I chose to layer Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy and Elegant Eggplant card stock. I stamped the tree onto the Whisper White using Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin Pad. The flowers are stamped with Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and Perfect Plum Classic Stampin' Pads. I cut them out and adhered them to the branches with dimensionals. I attached the Whisper White cardstock to the Bravo Burgundy piece and then tied the Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon around the pieces before adhering to the Elegant Eggplant card.




On the inside, I used the thank you phrase from Full of Life for the sentiment, stamped using Perfect Plum Classic Stampin' Pad. I wrapped some additional ribbon around the Whisper White card stock and then adhered to the inside of the card. I finished it off with three additional flowers.

This design can easily be updated to be appropriate for the season at hand- switch the color pallette to Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, and Very Vanilla and then use the leaf stamp to create a lovely fall card. For winter, use the snowflake and use a color pallette consisting of Whisper White, Brocade Blue and Ballet Blue. Never feel like you have to recreate a card exactly as you see it. Mix it up and make it your own!

God Bless and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment