Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Never More Than a Thought

This card started as a Mother's Day Card, but ended up as more of a thinking of you type of card.  The sentinment could still be changed for Mother's Day if desired, or any other occasion for that matter.  You can also mix up the occasion by adding a second sentiment to the inside.

To create this card, you will need:
  • Stamp Set:  Of the Earth
  • Card Stocks:  Lavendar Lace, Whisper White, So Saffron
  • Designer Series Paper:  Sweet Pea
  • Tools:  Scallop Trim Border and Corner Punches, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
  • Classic Stampin' Pads:  Pretty in Pink, Old Olive
  • Markers:  Rich Razzleberry
  • Other:  Dimensionals, Snail
To create the multi color effect on the stamped image, you will need your Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.  Stamp the image on the plastic sheet.  Determine the placement of the image.  Apply the first color onto your stamp (I started with Old Olive) and then clean off the areas where you don't want ink with a damp cloth (I removed the ink from the flowers and butterfly).  Use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to position your image in the desired location.  I then repeated with Pretty in Pink, removing ink from the leaves and stems this time.  Last, I applied just a bit of ink onto the tips of the flowers and parts of the butterfly wings and used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to add the Rich Razzleberry accents. 

After I had my image stamped, I distressed the edges with my thumb.  I used the Scallop Edge border on my So Saffron card stock.  I found that I needed a 3 3/4 inch square to line everything up.  I layered a piece of Sweet Pea DSP onto the So Saffron using Snail.  I used Dimensionals to mount it to the front of the card.  I also adhered my stamped image onto my square using Dimensionals.  Last, I used Whimsical Words to add a sentiment (Whimsical Words is a Sale-A-Bration set, if you do not have this set, try Heard from the Heart, or Sincere Salutations).

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment