Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Convention Highlights - Riverton Campus Tour

Convention was so busy, it did not lend as much time for blogging as I would have liked.  I had lots of plans to blog all the news and highlights when I returned but I had to dive right into decorating for our church vacation bible school and then my youngest got chicken pox.  For the last 4 days I have been home taking care of him while the rest of the family enjoyed vacation bible school.  He is doing well and had very few spots (which I guess is because of being vaccinated).  He opted to have chicken for lunch and supper nearly every day, "for revenge," he said.  Anyhow, back to getting you updated on all the news from convention.

Convention was an amazing time.  I love the inspiration and how energized I feel afterward.  It just makes me want to drop everything and STAMP full time.  Last year, I did not take the Riverton tour and I came home wishing I had.  So this year, I did not make the same mistake.  I made sure to jump on the bus and head to Riverton.  I was in for such a treat!  All stamped images and projects shown in this post were created by Stampin' Up! and are copyright by Stampin' Up!.  Please do not repost or use without giving credit to the fabulous folks at Stampin' Up!.

I took over 130 photos on the way to and at the Riverton Campus.  I was amazed that I took so many photos.  So glad I had a new camera.  Here is a photo of the Utah landscape.  Like Washington, the snow in the mountains has lasted well into July.   One year, I'd like to come to convention with the family and see more of Utah before and/or after convention. 


 Here is the Riverton campus as the bus pulled in.

Inside the main doors, we  were greeted by cheerful employees and a sign to welcome us.  Most of the employees were at the Convention Center in Salt Lake City getting things ready for our convention so it was a very quiet day in Riverton, other than the busloads of demonstrators dropping by for a visit. 

 We could look down over the balcony area to the waterfall below.  I immediately regretted not bringing a lunch as this areas has tables set up for Stampin' Up! employees to have lunch. I'd love to have a lunch area and lobby like this in my work place.  Isn't this just so inviting?  It just inspires creativity.

 One of the highlights of the tour is definitely the Legacy Room.  This is a little self guided walk through full of great ideas for using Stampin' Up! products.  It is just beautiful and so fun to see how Stampin' Up! started.

As you walk in, you are created with the Stampin' Up! Statement of the Heart.


Then, a little "taste" of the Sweet Shoppe from the 2010 Convention.  

Check out these fun chocolate covered strawberries.  YUM!

Here is a metal die used for making stamps.  I loved seeing how they take sketches and turn them into stamps.  Very fun!

The first Stampin' Up! Catalog compared with a more recent copy.  Look how far we have come! 


 After the area about Stampin' Up! history, we got to see products at work in the home.  These lovely card stock flowers adorned the wall of an area decorated to be a little girl's bedroom.  This bedroom area had a sweet little vanity area with a journal and jewelry made with Stampin' Up! products.  Above the bed they made a wonderful chandelier using punched flowers and ribbon.  It was stunning!  I could see this above a little girl's bed or even a dining room table during the holidays.

The nightstand beside the bed also held a lamp that was adorned with flowers and a cute picture frame with die cut felt flowers on the side (the Big Shot is the gift that keeps on giving!)

You'll notice the walls are perfectly coordinated with the Stampin' Up! color family.  Before you ask if Stampin' Up! is selling interior paint, I will just let you know that you can take any of our card stocks to your local improvement store and ask them to color match to create a paint that coordinates perfectly with your Stampin' Up! products.  I hope to get myself some Baja Breeze paint for a project later this summer.




Opposite the bedroom display, there was a living room display fully decorated for the holidays.  Lots of great ideas in this area!  Stockings, gift tags, ornaments, etc.  Some of these ideas you will be see recreated in my home when the holidays come around.  I will again have my tree full of ornaments for all visitors to select from whenever they come to my home.

 The mantel area was full of wonderful little details using the coordinating fabrics and papers.  The stockings were filled to the brim with more goodies.  The wreath was made from Stampin' Up! Designer Series Papers.  Not sure how it all came together, but I think with a little work and thought, I'll be able to come up with something very similar.

As I said, the mantel area was full of little goodies and treats created using Stampin' Up! products.  Lots of ideas for your Big Shot, favorite punches and papers.  Even the candles were beautifully embellished.  I'll soon be working to recreate many of these little details in time for the holidays.


 I loved the simplistic elegance of the wrapped packages by the fire.  Plain paper adorned with beautiful tags and ribbons.  I thought that if you carefully smoothed out the brown packing paper that comes in every order, you could embellish with stamps, ribbons and tags to make gorgeous and affordable gift wrap. 

Around the corner from the living room and bedroom displays, we got to enjoy an adorable dining room that was decorated for a fun birthday celebration.  Some of these ideas may be working their way into the party plans for Tessa's upcoming 7th birthday.  I absolutely love the pinwheels and I've learned that they are very easy to make.  The circle garlands hanging from the ceiling were such a fun touch.  I'm sure my circle punches and die cut will get plenty of work to create this.  The garland would also be a fun decoration on a Christmas tree or could be done with stars.

The place mats are vinyl decor elements attached directly to the table.  This is such a fun way to dress up a plain table, especially a kitchen table that is not used for "formal" dining.  Even if you wanted to do this with your table, a simple table cloth could be used for more formal occasions. 

Vinyl letters were also attached to plain glass bottles.  This would be a fun way to create a personalized glass for all your party guests.  You could even pull the labels off bottles that are still filled with drinks and add either the birthday child's initials or just the number which represents their age.

Stampin' Up! had a similar birthday display in the Product Park at convention which I will share later.  Again, more great ideas for a birthday party and the really fun part was that it was clearly for a 7 year old's birthday which is Tessa's next birthday!





The Legacy Room would not be complete without some sample work spaces.  Who wouldn't love this stamping area?


 This is a fun way to use your Designer Series Papers!  I know they are sometimes just too beautiful to cut and are a work of art by themselves.

I just loved this display using old frames.  This was in the sample living room area.  They used the Decor Element stencils on the walls and hung the frames around them.  This is definitely something I'd like to do in my home.

 I also loved how they used a lamp shade frame and dressed it up with fabric flowers and ribbon.  How fun!





Now for the sewing room.  I love this display.  














And the final little area.  An antique typewriter and wall display.



So that is the Legacy Room.  Isn't it just beautiful?  I'm already trying to figure out how to take Tessa to the Riverton Campus for a tour.  I think a road trip is in order.  My convention roommates and I even came up with some Stampin' Up! commercials that we could create as part of the trip. 

I will post more photos of the campus tour later.  Like I said, there are more than 130.  I won't post them all, but you will get to see lots of the Riverton campus!

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!






No comments:

Post a Comment