Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Golf Party Part 2

You've seen the invitation and cake, now for the party favor. This favor was made using the Fancy Favors Bigz Die as well as the Pennant Die for the Big Shot. I punched several boxes using Pumpkin Pie card stock and then several of the small pennants using some pattern felt.

Using my Crop-A-Dile, I punched holes along the side of the pennants to that I could attach them to a pencil like a flag for a golf hole. I filled the Fancy Favor bags with the party loot (I'll describe shortly) and added some shredded green for paper grass on top and then stuck the pencil in. All the favor flags have a 5 since it was Tessa's 5th birthday. I simply used puffy fabric paint to put the 5 on each flag.

For party favors, I bought notepads, the pencils used for the flags and some star shaped stickers. I also bought orange and green pony beads along with golf ball shaped beads. With these beads I made bracelets and zipper pulls to include in the party bags. These types of things are pretty standard party favors in our family. The note pads are always fun for the kids and can easily be customized to fit any party theme. I often use my stamps to make an image that I can add to the notepads to allow for customization.

For activity, we actually played miniature golf in the front yard, course designed by Tessa. I sent them out on the course in foursomes, each with a golf pro (one of my two older daughters). This helped keep the kids moving and not fighting over who got to go next. I made score cards with photos of my daughter and these also served as Thank You notes. They had crayons to take along with them for scoring purposes. The par for each hole was of course, five.

For the clubs, we cut PVC pipe to sizes suitable for the kids' ages. Each piece of pipe had a small slit in one end. I cut a golf club head shape out of a corrugated plastic sign and inserted it into the small slit. I then used orange duct tape to wrap the top to be the handle. Each kid got to take their club home. Before hitting the green, I had each child make a golf visor using foam visors I ordered from an online party supply source. They also were able to practice their swing on our make shift putting green- hula hoops in our side yard and a bucket of wiffle golf balls. These two activities helped kill some time as we waited for enough kids to arrive to start the first foursome.
Using powerpoint, I made a map of our course and added that to the score sheet. I also posted it near the first hole. The map was simple and I relied mostly on clip art available through power point or free on the web. Tessa selected the following holes for her course:
  • Hole 1: Sand Trap, a Sand Castle
  • Hole 2: Hannah Montana Music
  • Hole 3: I Love Soccer
  • Hole 4: Meow! - Cat Hole
  • Hole 5: I Smell Cake- Birthday Cake Hole
  • Hole 6: Rock Climbing
  • Hole 7: Fetch! - Dog Hole
  • Hole 8: Froggie - Water Hazard
  • Hole 9: Birthday Presents




In my next post, I will share photos of each hole along with more detailed descriptions.

God Bless and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment