Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Tessa's Golf Party - Part 1

For Tessa's 5th birthday, she decided that she wanted to have a golf theme so I put together a party complete with a 9 hole mini golf course. Sounds like a big endeavour, but was actually quite easy, especially when you add a few die cuts from Stampin' Up!™


First the invitation. I used Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Glorious Green, Whisper White, and Bermuda Bay card stock. The text is printed using my computer and then punched with the Modern Label punch. You'll see the adorable little girl from All in the Family. Since I do not yet own the Accessories for this stamp set, I did not have a golf club so I used the feet from the All in the Family to make one, I just added a handle at the top of of the leg. I will confess that the cake thought bubble and golf bag are not from Stampin' Up!, only because I did not have a set with those images from Stampin' Up! I colored everything using the Water Color pencils from Stampin' Up! The putting green was cut free form by hand.

On the back, I printed the party details onto the Glorious Green and cut it in the shape of a putting green. Using the Backgrounds 1 Texturz plates, I made golf balls from the Whisper White. I first embossed the card stock with the polka dot plate and then punched the circles. When I glued them to the Bermuda Bay, I made sure the bumpy side was down. I was sure to use golf phrases like "play through," "tee time," and "golf pro" to go along with our theme. If you use this idea for a four year old, change all the "fours" to "fore."


For the party itself, I made a golf themed cake. Very simple to make- a sheet cake frosted green with three areas cut out to be sand traps and a water hazard. The water hazard was filled with blue frosting and the sand traps were filled with crushed graham crackers. For the putting green, I created a template of the shape and laid it over the cake while I sprinkled green decorator sugar onto the cake. The trees are made from candies- gum drops and flavored tootsie rolls. The small golfer is a little mini Polly Pocket toy and the golf club was made from a toothpick and part of a gum drop. The golf ball is a Tic Tac. Along the sides of the cake, I added green colored coconut to be the rough.





Check back tomorrow for Part II, Party Favors and the Golf Holes.


God Bless and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment