Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Masculine Cards


Here are some cards which are more masculine in style. Both are Father's Day cards but the designs can work for any occasion so I figure it is ok to share after Father's Day.

The first one uses Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up! This particular paper is on the Last Chance list and is already sold out. However, you can easily modify the design to work with other papers as well, you just need a print that mimics the look of fabric for a button down shirt. For this design, I cut one piece of paper to cover my entire card front, and another smaller, wider piece with the print going the opposite direction so that there is a cuff. Then I tied on a button and then used a Stampin' Write marker to draw on a button hole. I can't take credit for this design, I saw something similar on SplitcoastStampers and created my own version.

The next card is the card I made for my husband for Father's Day. I also used the Parisian Breeze Speciality Paper, Baja Breeze Card Stock, Whisper White Card Stock, and Chocolate Chip Card Stock. Again, the Parisian Breeze is sold out as is the Baja Breeze Card Stock. Pretty much any Last Chance item featuring the Baja Breeze and the other In Colors sold out very quickly. The stamp set is Totally Tool, which is featured in the current Idea Book and Catalog and will also be in the new one. This is a great set for use in masculine cards. It would also be a fun set if you have a Bob the Builder Handy Manny fan in your life and need to make some invitations for a birthday party or even a birthday card. The accessories used in this card include natural hemp twine, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon, and 5/8" Jumbo Brads. I also used the Watercolor pencils to color in the tape measure. The card is a 6x6 inch square after folding.

God Bless & Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment