Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Better Late Than Never- Christmas Card Samples and 2011 Holiday Mini Carry Over Items

My holiday season was so busy I never got a chance to post my Christmas cards here.  They only made it to Facebook.  My apologies.  However, I do want to post them here so that you can see the techniques as they could be applicable to other cards and designs.  I did use The Sounding Joy stamp set from the Holiday Mini which is no longer available, however, all other items are available either in the Idea Book and Catalog or as a carry over item from the Holiday Mini.

I had two card designs, one using Riding Hood Red and one using Baja Breeze.  First the Baja Breeze design because I have to admit that I think it might be my favorite.


The overall dimensions of the card are 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches but the front is short allowing a peak of the inside of the card.  You can see I put the Joy stamp in the corner so you get just a hint of it when the card is closed.  I used the Petals A Plenty embossing folder to emboss just the front part of the card.  To me, they looked a little like poinsettas.  I used Very Vanilla cardstock for the front, scoring at 1/8 inch on each side.  I stamped the star which has the first two verses of Joy to the World using Baja Breeze.  Then I embossed "Let Earth Receive Her King" using the pewter embossing powder (available on the Holiday Mini Carryover list).  For a bit of embellishment, I added some Baja Breeze Seam Binding and a Basic Rhinestone.

My second card design used the Riding Hood Red Card Base and was a traditional 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card.


For this design, I used the same technique with the star and and embossed the "Let Earth Receive Her King".  Before that, I sponged Early Espresso ink around the edges of the Very Vanilla to add a bit of distressing.  I wanted the same poinsetta look so I embossed strips of Early Espresso using the Petals A Plenty embossing folder and sponged Frost White Shimmer Paint over the top.  I think it looked a little like the those tin ceiling tiles. 

More carry over items:


God Bless and Happy New Year!

Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment