Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Paper Embellishments

Once again I am sharing cards inspired by techniques highlighted in the latest issue of Stampin' Success.  I'm pretty sure if my upline had shown this magazine to me on day one, she would have had me at "hello" and I would have signed up right away.  My March issue arrived yesterday and included an article on making paper embellishments.  If you like these techniques and live in the Bothell, Washington or the surrounding areas, I'd love to come do a workshop in your home teaching you and your friends some of these techniques.  If you use even one of these embellishments on a card, you will wow your friends and family with your card making skills.

I have two cards for you, using the following items (asterik denotes items used only in one card):
  • Stamp Sets:  Whimsical Words*
  • Card Stock:  So Saffron, Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery*
  • Designer Series Paper:  Welcome Neighbor, Thoroughly Modern, Sweet Pea
  • Classic Stampin' Pads:  Chocolate Chip
  • Tools and Accessories:  Clear Circle Rhinestone Brads, Circle Punches, Sticky Sheets, Pinking Hearts Border Punch*, Scallop Circle Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch*, Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Edge Border, Very Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware*, Label Punch, Big Shot* and Top Note*
Each card has two flowers, one made with the Scallop Circle Punch and one made with either the Scallop Edge or Pinking Hearts Border Punch.  I'll describe the Scallop Circle Punch flower first. 

To create this flower, punch several Scallop Circles from your paper.  Lightly moisten with a water using a spray bottle. Snip from edge to center.  Layer the Scallop Circles and crinkle the edges.  Put a rhinestone brad through the center and you have a flower. 

For the Edge Border flowers, I'll provide a summary of the instructions, but for a great photo tutorial and the source of my instruction, let me refer you to Julie's Stamping Spot.  To begin, you punch the edge of a strip of paper using your favorite edge punch.  Break the fibers of the paper using either a crimper or doing an accordian style fold technique (which is what I did).  Punch or cut a circle using a punch or circle cutter.  Also cut a circle from your sticky pages.  Stick your sticky page to the paper circle that you punched.  Then, beginning from the outside, make a rosette with your paper strip.  On one of my flowers, I alternated between more than one style of Designer Series Paper.  Finish with another smaller circle and a brad or just the brad.  On both cards, I used the Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon for stems and leaves.  Use of ribbon either for flowers or as flower stems is also something I saw in Stampin' Success so you'll likely see more projects using ribbon to make flowers in the future.

Again, these embellishments are a great project for a workshop.  They are a simple way to pack a lot of WOW in a project.  Now is the time to host a show or place an order, Sale-A-Bration has plenty of great items to offer in terms of free merchandise.  Feel free to call me to book a show or place an order.

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!

Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment